Warning Signs of Mold in Your Home

Mold problems in your home can be both obvious to the eyes and also sneaky and difficult to see. When you are well informed, the warning signs of mold and the signs that you may need to call out an inspector will be very obvious. Noticing signs of mold early and getting a mold inspector out early can save you a lot of money, literally thousands of dollars in repairs in the grand scheme of things, and you can save yourself an awful lot of hassle!

What are some of the main warning signs of mold and where should I look?

One sign is humidity in your house. If your house has a humidity level that is greater than 55%, the chances of you developing mold in your home are higher than normal, as this level of humidity promotes mold growth. Using a dehumidifier can help to lower the risk of mold developing inside of a home that is relatively high in humidity. Outdoor ventilation can help as well, specifically with bathroom and dryer fans.  A kitchen exhaust that can help bring the humidity percentage down inside of your home as well! Periodically check your crawl space and basement as well, as these are areas with higher than normal humidity and are often areas that become neglected and susceptible to mold growth.

Look out for any water intrusion as well. One of the main causes of mold growth is leakage from air conditioning units that are left untreated.  Mold is also often found in seldom checked places like closets and especially in attics. When water leaks and is left untreated, mold grows and quickly becomes a BIG problem when left untreated.

Be alert and watchful for any evidence of respiratory problems and/or allergies in the residents of your home. People with these problems will be easily aggravated when mold is present in the house, and if you or someone living in the house seem to constantly be getting sick or having allergy problems, mold in the house may be the root cause of it. There will also be signs of toxic poisoning along with signs of mold, such as fungi producing compounds like black mold; this can cause dizziness, headaches, short attention span, and difficulty in concentration.

These are some of the main warning signs of mold, and if you feel that any of these are present in your home, you will want to call a mold inspector right away. Doing something about mold right when it is spotted can save you thousands of dollars, so don’t wait or delay, call today and have it treated!  If you’d like a free estimate now, just fill out the form on the left side of this page!

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply